Online Trademark Registration in South Africa, Requirements, Costs, and Application.
A trademark is a name or symbol that a company uses on its products and that cannot legally be used by another company (Collins dictionary).
From the definition, one can point out the importance of registering the trademark of his/her company.
In South Africa, the Trademark Act of 1993 was introduced. To register your trademark including slogan, logo, name, domain name the CIPC is all you need.
Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) handles Registration of Companies, Co-operatives and Intellectual Property Rights (Trade Marks, Patents, Designs, and Copyright) in South Africa.
Trademark Registration Requirements
- Power of Attorney
- Priority Documents
- Details of the Applicant which includes full names, Physical address and Nationality/country of incorporation
- Details of the Trade Mark(s) which may be wordmark or logo
- List of goods and/or services
- Details of priority Application
Application for Trademark in South Africa
- Submit an online application requesting the registration of your desired trademark through a local attorney
- A database search at the Registrar of Trade Marks to determine whether there are any marks registered which are like yours
- If the trade name is accepted by the registrar, the applicant will receive a confirmation of registration.
- Accepted trademarks will be published for opposition purposes.
- If no opposition is filed, the registration certificate will be issued.
- University of Fort Hare, UFH Online Application 2020/2021 | Local & International Students
- University of Venda, Univen Online Application & Deadline
- How to Send “Please Call Me” On Cell C
- How to Get Free USA Phone Number in South Africa
- How to Sell Amazon Gift Cards for Rand
- Calculate Your APS at SU (Stellenbosch University)
- Cell C Customer Care Service in South Africa | Phone and Contact Details
- University of Pretoria, UP Application Form & Requirements