Ledama Olekina is the current Senator-elect for Narok County. He was born on 11th November 1974 in Oloombokishi, Kenya.
Olekina was elected on an Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) in the recently concluded August 8th General elections in Kenya.
Ladama Olekina Profile
|Age||45 years old|
Siminta Enole Torome
|Office||Senator for Narok County|
Ladama Olekina Age
He was born on 11th November 1974 in Oloombokishi, Kenya, as of 2019 Ladema is aged 45 years old.
Ladama Olekina Family
He was born into the family of Meiteganyu OleNchoshoi (father) and Siminta Enole Torome (mother).
He was raised by his parents and his grandfather whom he spent most of his school holidays with, taking care of the family cows and goats.
Ladama Olekina Education
- Olesankale Primary School and Narok High School (the early 1980s to the mid-1990s).
- Graduated from high school in 1994.
- Attended college in the United States of America in 1995.
- Political sciences and English communication at the University of Massachusetts Boston and Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado.
Ladama Olekina Career
- Founded Maasai Education Discovery.
- In May 1999, he became the first Kenyan-Maasai ever to walk across the United States of America to raise awareness for the need for quality education for his people.
- In January 2000, he returned to Kenya to set up the Maasai Education Discovery (MED) project in Narok.
- Started the Girl’s Scholarship Program to provides up to 1500 scholarships a year for girls to attend primary, secondary and college.
- He has also computerized over 15 schools in Narok and Kajiado districts and in 2002 Ledama brought the internet to Narok.
- In 2006 Ledama installed the first wireless network in Narok after having secured a US$500,000 equipment grant from Cisco Systems International.
- In 2006 he established the first online investment firm, called www.kenyashares.com to enable Kenyans living in the diaspora to invest in Kenya through the Nairobi Stock Exchange.