No electronic device is free of problem likewise the Amazon Echo Dot, its popular personal assistant Alexa and the home automation software package, do have problems.
The Echo Dot is the smaller version of the original Echo and it has the same features with Echo. It has the same width but shorter and more compact than the original. Instead of the echo volume rings, Amazon Echo uses two buttons at the top to call ntrol it’s volume.
To confirm if your command is heard, there is a light ring that respond to voice command, though Alexa might not understand them. This article will teach you how to restore factory settings for Amazon Echo Variants: Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot and Amazon Echo Dot Gen 2 and 3.
The Amazon Echo Dot a small but effective home technology. Just like any other devices, it is not infallible and can occasionally have problems.
There are many solutions to the device problems, but sometimes it seems not to work and, in these circumstances, you may have to resort to restoring tge factory settings to eliminate the problem and make everything work again.
This article will teach you how to restore Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Dot Gen 2 when it came out of the factory.
RESTORING THE DEFAULT SETTINGS OF AMAZON ECHO DOT (AND AMAZON ECHO)
The first generation Amazon Echo and Echo Dot have the same recovery process. In seconds, it will restore the device to how it left the factory and work exactly like when it was turned on for the first time.
- Plug the Echo Dot to an electrical outlet.
- Turn it over and locate the small hole which is to restore factory
- Use something thin like pin to press the reset switch until the light ring turns orange and then blue.
- Release the reset switch and the Echo Dot will restart. It will flash orange when it enters setup mode.
- Connect Echo Dot to your Wi-Fi using Alexa app and configure it.
RESTORING THE AMAZON ECHO DOT GEN 2 FACTORY SETTINGS
Amazon Echo Dot Gen 2 has no restore button. Instead you will use the controls at the top to restore the factory settings.
- Plug tge Amazon Echo Dot Gen 2 into an electrical outlet
- Press and hold both the microphone and volume down buttons until the light ring turns orange and then blue
- Release the buttons so that Echo Dot can restart. The light will turn orange to indicate the configuration mode
- Use the Alexa app to connect Echo Dot to your Wi-Fi and to set up.
RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS OF AMAZON ECHO DOT GEN 3
The Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3 has a different restore method compared to others.
- Press and hold the Action button for 25 seconds, wait till the light ring turns orange and then blue.
- Wait for the light ring to go out and then come on again, then in orange which indicates setting mode
- Connect it to WiFi and set it up
ALEXA DOES NOT UNDERSTAND US AND ENOUGH
Voice control is a smart technology but it can be frustrating sometimes. There are occasions when Alexa doesn’t understand you. All he says is “I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question”. This is very common but it is easy to deal with. You just have to train it again.
Go to the Alexa app, select Settings, and Voice Training. Even if you did it during the initial setup if you keep hearing “I don’t understand”, go back to training. If there is a word or phrase that Alexa continues to make mistakes, go to the app and look at History. If there is a common word, find it and use a different word for that command.
ALEXA DOES NOT CONNECT TO WIFI
Alexa has a habit of leaving the Wi-Fi network, losing connectivity intermittently or permanently. A quick restart should bring it back to life.
If it continues to happen, check the Wi-Fi network configuration. Are there too many other devices trying to connect? Other Wi-Fi networks competing for the same channel or similar channels? Are there complex machines like A / C between the router and Alexa? Is it placed near a thick wall? Check all these things and make the necessary changes.
ALEXA CONTINUES TO DISCONNECT FROM THE BLUETOOTH
If Echo Dot continues to disconnect from Bluetooth on other devices, a restart should resolve. If it keeps happening and your paired devices can’t keep a connection, open the Alexa app. Go to Settings and Bluetooth and Delete all paired devices. Pair each device again and hopefully, this will keep the connection a little longer.
Performing an Amazon Echo Dot factory reset must be the last thing to think about. Read this article before proceeding with this procedure