Lecithin in a simple term is a group of fatty substances found in plant and animal tissues. It is very important for proper biological function.
The commercial form could be used for food preparation, cosmetics production, and medication. It can act as an emulsifier, a substance that stabilizes an emulsion.
Benefits of Lecithin
Supplements of Lecithin can serve many purposes including;
- Treating high cholesterol
- Treating digestive issues
- Preventing clogged milk ducts during breastfeeding.
- Improving immune function
- Enhancing cognitive function
Lecithin can also be of great help treating diseases and disorders including;
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver disease
- Bipolar disorder – a mental health condition that causes extreme mood swings
- Dry skin condition
Sources of Lecithin
Though Lecithin can be found in many foods as they occur naturally, their supplements can be gotten from these sources;
They (lecithin) can also be found in canola, cottonseed, or animal fats.