Allen Ifechukwu Onyema was born in 1964 in Benin City, Nigeria. He is currently the National Chairman of FEHN.
He is the second African ever to be so appointed to the Global Board.
Allen Onyema Profile
|Name||Allen Ifechukwu Onyema|
|Age||55 years old (2019)|
|Alma mater||University of Ibadan|
|Occupation||National Chairman of FEHN|
Allen Onyema Age
He was born in 1964 in Nigeria, as of 2019, Allen Onyema is aged 55 years old.
Allen Onyema Education
- Government College in 1984 where he obtained his Higher School Certificate.
- Studied law at the University of Ibadan.
Allen Onyema Career
- In 1987, he combined his studies with social activism bothering on engendering peace in Nigeria.
- He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1989.
- Allen started his legal practice in 1990 in the Law Firm of Nwizugbo & Company.
- He became the Head of Chambers by 1992.
- He resigned from this law firm to establish his own outfit ONYEMA & CO.
- Allen has been appointed to the Executive Board of The Global Nonviolence Conference Series Inc in April 2007.
Allen Onyema Awards
- The 2007 Martin Luther King Global Award for Pioneering Non-violence Education in West Africa.
- Hope for Humanity Award from the Rotary Club.
- 2006 Africa Leadership Merit Award from Africa International News Magazine.
Allen Onyema Achievements
Initiated, organized and held with the support of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the “1ST NIGERIA FOREVER PROJECT” in 2005.
Allen won for Nigeria the hosting rights for this year’s Global Conference on Nonviolence and Peace which comes up in Abuja from December 3-5, 2007.
Allen Onyema Wife
He is married to Alice Ejembi, who hails from Kogi State, together they have four (4) children.
Allen Onyema Interview
What informed your going into Commercial Aviation?
I have said it on several fora and occasions that I made this decision together with my wife just to create jobs for the people.
If it was about profit, I would have kept the money in the banks and be getting double-digit interests in my investments.
By 2008, I was receiving about 18% interest on my deposits. I was building estates from interest alone.
It was during my advent 0 floating Air Peace that I scattered all my deposits for the first time since 2004! I was told, in 2007, by a friend that one commercial Boeing 737 could give jobs to over 150 persons! So I told my wife that we should do it.
I made a pact with God Almighty in 2003 that I would get involved in touching lives through massive job creation and that I have done by setting up Air Peace.
God has been very faithful. To me and my family. Air Peace is for the welfare of mankind and not really for us.
But do not think that we want to lose our investments, far from it I am happy when I see the faces of these young ones in Air Peace who, today, could boast of a means livelihood for themselves and their families.
Our staff would tell you that I treat them as equals. I have no airs over my shoulders.
I encourage every wealthy person in this country to invest in the country to create jobs for our people instead of taking the money abroad.